1. People who look at your home over the holidays are serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from over the holidays. That means less competition and more money for you.
3. Come January there will be an increase of homes on the market which will decrease the demand. Less demand means less money.
4. Houses show better when they're decorated for the holidays.
5. Buyers tend to be more emotional during the holidays and may spend more money.
6. Buyers have more time to look over the holidays.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. January is traditionally a month where employees have to relocate so they cannot wait until Spring.
9. You have the option to delay your close or restrict your showings if you want to celebrate without disruption.
10. By selling now you will have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer next year and you will have more inventory to choose from.